Periodontal disease, also known as gum disease, is an infection of the structures around the teeth. Although it has the potential of creating a number of oral health problems, gum disease can often be treated successfully. To perform treatment for this condition, Dr. Zev Maybruch D.D.S., located in Kew Gardens Hills, NY, offers Laser Periodontal Treatment, a breakthrough in the treatment of gum disease. Read on to find out what laser periodontal treatment can do for you!
1. No Cutting: Laser Periodontal Treatment doesn’t cut into your gums like surgery, which results in less loss of periodontal tissue and removes the need for sutures. This treatment is also non-invasive and only requires local anesthetics, as opposed to the general anesthetics associated with surgical procedures.
2. Less Discomfort: Most people find that Laser Treatment to be a lot less painful than surgery. Lasers eliminate the need for drills, reducing the pressure and discomfort that patients feel. With minimal discomfort, patients will feel more relaxed and less anxious during treatment.
3. Short Recovery: Recovery from gum surgery can take between 2-4 weeks, and often includes considerable pain and swelling. Most people find they’re able to return to work immediately following Laser Periodontal Treatment. The recovery time is typically less than 24 hours.
4. Safe for Patients: Laser Periodontal Treatment is considered safe and effective, and there is very little risk of complication associated with the procedure. The treatment is also safe for all patients, including those with medical conditions such as hemophilia, HIV, diabetes, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
5. Better Results: Laser Periodontal Treatment offers better clinical results while reducing the need for more invasive therapies. You can do this treatment alongside a traditional surgery or as a stand-alone treatment, a decision based around the extent of the periodontal disease.
6. Save Time: Laser Periodontal Treatment only takes two, 2-hour visits to complete, and is then accompanied by two follow-up appointments. Conversely, gum surgery typically requires four, 1-hour sessions along with a number of follow-up appointments for suture removal and additional check-ins.
Start smiling brighter and being more confident. Call Dr. Zev Maybruch D.D.S., at (718) 263-8300 today to schedule an appointment in Kew Gardens Hills, NY. We will help you heal your gum disease once and for all!